I had one of my stress nightmares last night. Not the standing in front of the masses in nothing but my birthday suit . . . or the being chased by a menacing, terrifying but unseen something sort of dreams. No, my stress nightmares almost always involve
SCHOOL.
I'm sure that reveals something extremely deep about me. Like the fact that I'm exceptionally thoughtful and diligent and scholarly. Or that I'm so Type A, my worst fears involve not following the rules. Hmmm...
Anyway, this time it was a variation on the usual theme. I was merrily jumping into a car to go to Mount Vernon with a group of friends (yes even in my dreams I like to visit historic places). We were almost there when all of a sudden it hit me--"I am a teacher!! It is a school day. I am NOT ALLOWED to just go have fun on a school day. I have no substitute. My kids are probably climbing up the walls. If anything happens to them, it will be MY FAULT!" The rest of the dream involved my fruitless attempts to get back to school before anyone realized I wasn't there. Woke up before I ever managed to get there.
Sigh! I don't often remember my dreams anyway, but when I do, it's never a dream that helps me solve a problem or gives me deep insights into life. Nope...it's about school. What are you dreamin' about?
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's funny. I had a very vivid dream this morning about my niece where half way through she suddenly looked like my mom, full grown and everything. It was really weird actually. I think it means I miss my family and I'm worried I'm missing seeing her grow up!
By the way, I love your blog header! Very cute!
Usually my nightmares involve getting chased by panthers. I don't know what that means.
"School" dreams usually are connected to responsibility--so you must be subconsciously thinking about your next First Tuesday! (which will be when we get to see you in Colorado!)
Post a Comment