This past weekend MaryAnn and I went on a hunt for the bluebonnet. Apparently a springtime tradition in the Lone Star State is taking pictures of children, dogs, and other cute things in fields of the blue flowers. Since I'm a Lone Star gal again, I figured I better do the Texas thing (and I like flowers). Finding the flowers was a bit of an adventure. In a flash of brilliance, MaryAnn called Home Depot and asked them where we should go. The helpful flower man told us to go to an intersection in Plano. Not out to the country or to a nature preserve, but to an intersection. I love Texas. He was right! There on the side of the road, we joined other people taking pictures.
See? Really, just randomly on the side of the road.
And now for the traditional "girl in field of bluebonnets" picture.
I found an official bluebonnet festival going on this weekend, so there might be even more bluebonnets in my future.
2 comments:
Wait a sec... is that Condie??? I had no idea she was in TEXAS! Give her a huge hug from me! Awe, now I wish I was there so the three of us could meet for lunch or something.
Oh I miss them...and the ice cream named after them!
Post a Comment