Monday, June 28, 2010

Bag Lady


What happened to June? My weekends have gone by in a blur, and I don't really remember doing anything fantastic, but I have managed to make a few more things with my friend the Singer. This time...handbags! The one above is the Saturday Market Bag by Heather Bailey (in a couple of her fabrics). I don't really love how the handles turned out, but the rest sure is cute. The sides open up to make it even roomier. I already carry around too much stuff anyway, so I try not to expand.


This one I made for my sister-in-law Julie. I thought it would be a cute, easy summer beach-y type bag. It's the Lickety Split Bag pattern from Made by Rae. Super easy and reversible. I made it in just a few hours (honestly!). My favorite part is how the handles tie. I have my eye on this pattern by Amy Butler next. But that might not happen for SEVERAL more weekends!

4 comments:

Carly said...

They are both so cute! The last link isn't the AB bag... I'm curious now! ;P

Mandy said...

I love them! They are fabulous! It makes me want to try.

L.J. said...

Cute bag. Cute girl. It's fun to hear your voice (in written form, anyway)!

Trudy said...

How creative you are! I love the bags.